"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde
My photo
Port Washington, NY, United States

Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Boys, weekend relaxation, and the future

Despite my disgust with Terminal 5, I made it out to see The Beastie Boys. It was an excellent show: funny, exciting, and it brought back some fond memories. I'm glad I spent the money, and now I'm officially done with Terminal 5.

It did manage to get worse, if you're wondering. The upstairs (where the sound is tolerable) became far more "corporate". The sides are all blocked off with "V.I.P." sections; these areas allowed people who aren't sound-retarded to see the show and hear the show all at once. Now, instead of the stage being visible, there are flat screen televisions that allow the upstairs audience to "enjoy" the show. Let me also add that the coloring on these televisions is terrible (to put it mildly).


I've spent the weekend relaxing and trying my best to stay dry. It's been quite a few weeks since I've had this sort of downtime and it feels wonderful. I may even consider yoga in the morning.


Several thoughts have been creeping through my head about the future. I need to find a solid career path that suits my needs, desires, dreams, and challenges me. It's a tall order to fill, and I'm still not up for the challenge. Note: by no means am I unhappy with my current job, I just can't imagine further growth or even transference. It's not "stuck" that I feel, but rather "unsettled". I imagine more, but it ends there. Perhaps I just need thousands of dollars to fall into my lap, and then I'd figure it out. Any takers?

No comments:

Blog Archive